View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I watched the Sammy Hager show with Mick, I had never seen it before. This was done a year before Lindsey's firing.

First, I love Mick's restaurant. It looks amazing.

Second, he talks about them touring in 2018 and all seems fine with the 5, so it's interesting how everything fell apart so quickly. Obviously the tour timeline was known to everyone and seemed to be on track, which makes the whole reason for Lindsey's firing really weird.

Sammy asked Mick who was a better guitarist, Peter or Lindsey and he said both! He also asked him if he was the boss of the band and I thought his answer was very telling in light of what we know now. He said he is the one who for so many years has kept the band going and he would leave it at that. I think we can assume he is not the boss of the band. I really wonder how things worked within the band as to who had the final say. If it has been Stevie the last few years then maybe that is the cause of the tension between her and Lindsey.

Finally, after watching Sammy jam with Mick on World Turning, I thought now that might have been a good fit for the group. He plays and sings and writes. But I think Stevie had Mike in her sights from the beginning, but boy I think Sammy would have been a very interesting choice. I don't think the group would sound as bland as it does now with Neil. They did a great job on World Turning.

I have changed, but you remain ageless