View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
Wow, all these blurbs that Mick Fleetwood keeps posting on his Facebook page really make me want to plunk down $400+ on his book....NOT!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
Thanks for posting the Mick Fleetwood interview, SisterNightroad.

I just wish that Mick would make his book available to more than a relative handful of folks wealthy enough to pay the $400+ for a copy. I have a few beautifully-produced photo books that cost in the $50-60 range - for something like this, that's a price I'd certainly pay. I'm sure that to bring down the cost to a more reasonable amount would involve some compromises in the book production/format from the limited edition being put on sale next month, but it would have the potential to reach far more people.

Mick stated in his interview "it also is great to know that this story can be told, and anybody who has an interest in it can now know about it" but that's not true, is it? Only that select 2,000 people who can afford this super-expensive book will know the full story that he's now telling. I still don't get it...
You're welcome, and you're right, for once Mick's marketing strategies (well, those of the ones who work for him) are actually functional and it's a shame that they are for a project who concerns only a rather small portion of the FM fandom.
The fact is that Fleetwood Mac, unlike many other of their peers, still lack a definitive biography official and Mick's books may be the closest we'll ever have to it.