Thread: Duet vs duo
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I actually don't remember them ever saying that this was going to be an album of duets, but a they did refer to it once or twice as a duet album (The body of work felt like it was meant to be a duet album.) which can have a different meaning; however I still think that Christine is scandalously underused at least in these songs we heard, maybe the rest of the album it's different but in that case choosing to release as first tracks that showcase Christine the least would be a criminally wrong marketing strategy.
They are to blame for the word "duet" being used at all.... because both of them have used it. Didn't she even use the word on Jools Holland??

They are a duo.... or at least that's the word that reflects their intention.

The songs are most definitely NOT duets, based on the 3 we've heard so far. I'd go so far as to say they don't sound like they are a duo either-- a term that implies collaboration.

And so far it all sounds very Lindsey solo album, musically and otherwise.

I don't hear ANY musical influence of Christine at all. Her scribbling some lyrics to one of his musical tracks, even if she sings the lead vocal, is NOT hearing her influence/style.