View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think as far as long/old time posters here go... there's only so much that can be said about any interest, no matter how multi-faceted as FM and it's many contributors are. You don't like to feel you're repeating yourself. I've never not been interested in them or their music for long, but have been more fired up or obsessed sometimes than others. I've never felt I had any status from it, their hipness has waxed and waned, and have to remember that there were others championing overlooked aspects before as well as after I might have. It really began with having Then Play On around growing up and getting floored by the 1975 album, the Christine and Stevie songs in particular, and starting to puzzle out the connection between the two records (which involved snooping in other people's record stashes and at record stores and whatever few rock mags/papers I came across). I think it was a full on obsession for me when Rumours and Bob Welch's solo hit platters were brand new. Over My Head, Rhiannon, You Make Loving Fun and Sentimental Lady can still cause me to time travel .