Thread: San Diego
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yelp Review of the San Diego Sports Arena venue

http://www.yelp.com/biz/san-diego-sp...rena-san-diego

Oh c'mon, he ain't so bad for an old feller. You know this place is a throwback when you're at a Fleetwood Mac concert and Stevie Nicks says to the crowd that it looks the exact same as when she played there in 1969. Ouch. Now, I was seeing Lindsey and Stevie sing many years past their prime because they are the **** and hell if I care that I was born too late. Similarly, I knew the Sports Arena had seen better days, but it really didn't matter. Seats were comfy, not any more or less cramped than any other arena, the lack of drink holders was tolerable and because its smaller than the mega-venues of today, I could see Mick Fleetwood's eyes bug out with the sheer joy of still playing without having to rely on the big screens above. And hey, just because Lindsey's hair was a little paler these days, doesn't mean he wasn't killing it on the guitar, no pick to be seen.

Parking was ridiculous at $20 though, especially when the asphalt hasn't been paved probably since the Clippers still played here. Still, getting in and out was breeze, the sound quality was great, beers were a modest (for a sports arena) $10 for a large cup, and I got to see one of my favorite groups play the music you can tell they still love making. Perfect night, even without that brand new gleam and shine.