View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Wow. Good for him for admitting and getting on the right track.

So, it sort of takes the blame off Stevie.
I think Lindsey is right. I think it's down to Stevie now. Also explains the lack of new material offered by Stevie for the EP. But back in 09, it was down to Mick. And then Stevie went off and recorded In Your Dreams which was such an amazing experience for her.

Didn't Stevie say in one of the IYD interviews that she would only come back on board and do a Fleetwood Mac album if it was fun and didn't want to spend a year trapped in a house at eachothers throats again? Not the exact quote, but I'm sure it was something along those lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Is Glastonbury slumming it? Don't the biggest acts play it? Just from reading about it for the last few years, I got the impression it was a badge of honor even, if you were one of the main headliners, the last act with the most stage time.

Oh well, as a fan I want nothing to do with festivals. As much as I want the complete video from the US Festival, I wouldn't have wanted to be in attendance.

Michele
Michele, I think the thing with Glastonbury is that it's so huge, you can't just drop a quick festival date into your tour schedule with it, you have to specifically be around just for Glastonbury. A lot of artists have said that over the years. On the day, it's also been reported over the years to not exactly be a relaxed affair backstage, all very busy and rushing around and lots of last minute changes when things run over etc. So it's kinda rough going at times.

But you're right. Glastonbury IS an honor. Because you won't get invited to Glastonbury for being just anybody. It's the biggest of the big. It's huge over here and the whole thing is broadcast on BBC. It's like the music equivalent of Wimbledon.

Last edited by TheWILDheart; 09-26-2013 at 05:07 PM..