View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 07:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
My post came off as more anti-Stevie than it should've, as my beef is really more with the R&RHOF than with Nicks. I've been following their nomination process for many years, and it seems much more political (who you know, who's willing to put up $$, who might generate the most buzz right now, whether a certain group of out-of-touch old farts think you are "worthy" or not) than any type of true merit in the rock-and-roll genre. And there are a couple of acts that IMO should've gotten in a long time ago but haven't, so I've become totally cynical toward the whole enterprise.

I do think that someone on the Mac team probably pushed for it. My initial "thumb to the eye" of LB may not have been much of a factor, though - but your theory about restoring luster to Nicks' image and generating positive pub as their tour gets underway is solid. The whole induction process has become a joke, so I'm going to question why *every* nominee is selected, whether I personally think they're deserving or not.
If Ringo Star can make it in for solo work, so can she.