View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Wait a second- are you referring to the Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You Mega-Mix Shake Your Booty track LOL?!?

I would say skip Street Angel, but I do like a few songs enough that I never got rid of it. My CD has God's Garden and some other extra track on it, and they're both super depressing. I think one of Stevie's greatest weaknesses is writing about current events, as opposed to writing about things she really understands. Songs like Desert Angel, Jane, and Street Angel sound like she's trying too hard and IMO are horrific. Strong word but that's how I see it.
There was a period in the 90’s where they were taking 70’s and 80’s performers and pushing them on AOR (album oriented rock) radio, which was a very watered down, bland form of music aimed at the 40ish crowd who were no longer going out to clubs and supposedly wanted more mellow music from the artists they loved. That’s when we saw Billy Idol in a smoking jacket sitting in front of a fireplace and Rod Stewart doing ballads. When I heard Maybe Love and Unconditional Love I thought oh they’re trying to push Stevie to AOR now. It looked like a dead end street but I’m glad a lot of those artist came back from that. The 90’s were an odd time. Strangely enough I thought the demo of Maybe Love sounds a lot more like a Fleetwood Mac song and should have been the one that made the album.