View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi No Light,
I agree with much of what you've said and you've expressed your thoughts accurately and respectfully. I especially like this comment:
Quote:
She doesn't do enough for the fans as far as making an effort to meet them or talk to them. And we have so much to tell her!
I believe there is a huge missing piece in Stevie's life story that she has not captured well in either her writing or any of the "historical" perspective she puts forward. She has to know that her loyal fans have heard it all before and would be tired of hearing the same recycled stories with lots of inaccuracies thrown in for whatever reason she chooses to do so. She totally doesn't get the fan experience. I really have to wonder if she's ever asked herself the question, what do they see in me and how have they stood by me through all of the drama and disappointments through the years. The most current example is her hype around this 2013 tour and how wonderful it's going to be. Wonderful for whom? She and Lindsey or the thousands of fans paying money they can't afford to see her put as little effort as possible into songs she's sang thousands of times? This would be a great opportunity for self analysis and ask a few tough questions of herself: what I'm I bringing to the fan's experience and are they getting their money's worth? The toughest question I think is have I earned this loyalty they show me when I've disappointed them too many times to count over the years? The wonderful moments like the Wiltern show are just way to rare to warrant constant attention and shelling out the big bucks. My #1 reason for sitting out this tour.

Last edited by On Ice; 03-06-2013 at 08:50 AM..