Thread: Nicks McNuggets
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

More acts announced for Hard Rock Calling11th Apr 2011

A host of huge name acts have been added to Sunday’s Hard Rock Calling Line-up.

Adam Ant & The Good, The Mad And The Lovely Posse, Rumer, Mike + The Mechanics, The Lighthouse Family and Barenaked Ladies will all be joining headliner Rod Stewart and special guest Stevie Nicks for a midsummer party in the park.

As one of the most instantly recognisable icons of the post punk era, Adam Ant scored huge success in the late 70s and early 80s both as a solo artist and with his band Adam and the Ants. Joined by a new band ‘The Good, The Mad and The Lovely Posse‘ (bit of a mouthful, Adam), Adam Ant will be appearing at Hyde Park as part of his first tour in 15 years.

On playing the Hyde Park event, Adam Ant commented: “It’s been 15 years, I can’t wait to get out on the road again, and to play in Hyde Park is a real honour for me. I have a great band, and I have the songs and I’m ready to rock n’ roll.”

Also confirmed for Sunday 26 June at Hard Rock Calling is critically acclaimed BRIT- nominated singer Rumer, and the multi-million selling Lighthouse Family. The band amassed four Top Ten albums generating eight Top Twenty singles including 'Ocean Drive', 'Raincloud', 'Lifted' and 'High'.

Fresh from their US tour the Grammy Award-nominated Barenaked Ladies also join the bill, as well as American Grammy-Award winning rockers Train, who had big hits with the Top Ten smash 'Drops Of Jupiter (Tell Me)', as well as 'Hey, Soul Sister'.

An all-new Mike + The Mechanics will also take to the stage, featuring a brand new line up of Mike Rutherford, Andrew Roachford and Tim Howar. They’re joined by former Starsailor frontman James Walsh who will perform an acoustic set for crowds.

The full confirmed line-up for Sunday 26 June is as follows:

Rod Stewart
Stevie Nicks
Adam Ant and The Good, The Mad and The Lovely Posse
Rumer
The Lighthouse Family
Barenaked Ladies
Train
Mike + The Mechanics

http://www.skiddle.com/news/all/More...-Calling/8962/