View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 03:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilthefirefades View Post
Well I personally do not like Bon Iver, Vampire Weekend, Phoenix, or The Postal Service(I much prefer Death Cab). Plus, there are 3 U2 albums on the list, and just as previously mentioned Kanye and Eminem repeats. The only impact those two artists makes are controversial ones, as of late at least, and I have always been a huge Kanye fan. Maybe Say You Will wasn't groundbreaking, but it made just as big, if not bigger, an impact as the indie bands which did so to only the small group of people who listen to it.
This makes me sad. Bon Iver is the best live performer I have ever seen, and although his For Emma, Forever Ago and Blood Bank are definitely for a specific person, that album and EP will ****ing change your life if you're that person.

I think that Radiohead, Arcade Fire, The Strokes, M.I.A., U2, The White Stripes, Coldplay, Cat Power,Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Sigur Ros (LOVE HIM), Ryan Adams (LOVE HIM TOO), Vampire Weekend (you have to admit their album was monumental), and Interpol all deserve their spots.

I'm so proud of Ryan Adams for making the list twice, but I think that Love Is Hell is stronger than Gold-- for me, personally. That cover of "Wonderwall" was a bigger deal than anything off of Gold.

They chose the wrong Kings of Leon album to put on there, IMO, and Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is good but overrated. TV on the Radio's Dear Science should have been waaaay higher on that list (best album of 2008 HANDS DOWN), along with Bon Iver's For Emma, Forever Ago and Sufjan Stevens' Illinois. While Kala is an excellent album, I don't think Arular was groundbreaking in any way, although I've grown a deeper appreciation for the record with time. I've never liked Fleet Foxes much, and Phoenix is good but not NEARLY good enough to be on the top 100. Also, LCD Soundsystem shouldn't have even made the list, let alone come up at 12th. MGMT could be in the bottom 50 for me but seriously, that album is nothing unique-- its just boppy. Ugh, this list is a little disheartening. A lot of this just isn't notable music in any way.

I'm not surprised that Fleetwood Mac is no where to be seen on this list, nor would I have wanted it. Say You Will doesn't deserve a spot and Trouble In Shangri-La just isn't what Rolling Stone was looking for in this grouping of albums. Gift of Screws, however, better molds into the criteria.... and truth be told, it would proudly stand amongst these other albums and fit in while still showing the unique spark that a record on this list SHOULD have.

Last edited by daniellaaarisen; 12-21-2009 at 04:14 AM..