View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

nice to see that LB's solo alone show works just as well in front of 10 000 people as in the small intimate venues -

http://blog.mymusic.com/lindsey-buck...acoustic-show/

← Matthew Good: Solo, Acoustic, Awesome

Lindsey Buckingham Dazzles With Intense Acoustic Show

Posted on September 8, 2012 by Brittany Leona

The CUPE-SCFP main stage of Ottawa's Folk Festival was graced tonight with one of rock's greatest legends: Lindsey Buckingham. One may be tempted to assume that based on his musical career spanning nearly four decades, having released over a dozen albums, being a talented composer, singer and producer, that he would have a larger than life stage presence and the typical rocker attitude to go with it – one would be wrong about the last item mentioned.

From the moment he set foot on stage, Buckingham captivated the crowd, filling the balmy evening air with a thorough mix of works from his solo albums like Cast Away Dreams, Come and Go Insane and hits from Fleetwood Mac to the delight of many (myself included) like Big Love, Bleed to Love Her and Never Going Back Again. Buckingham is a rare find – an artist who, while performing, relives his melodies and lyrics as intensely as the day the material was originally written.

The age range of attendees varied from those who were around during the birth of Buckingham's musical career, to those who were not even a thought at the time. Possessing an ever humbling appreciation for his fans, he thanked the crowd sincerely after each performance and for being part of “this strange experiment” (in reference to his solo act of just himself and a guitar).

Though I was not able to take photographs, this performance has been happily seared into my memory, along with everyone else's who was in attendance I'm sure, as one of the most intense, emotional and fantastic shows seen in a very very long time. Definitely one for the books.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"