Thread: Favorite Album
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Why not, demon? I've always liked your aesthetic views.
Well I hate comparing it to a movie, but its the analogy that popped into my head. Like a really good album, you keep returning to it, right? If you really like a movie it remains timeless to you (no pun intended! HA)

TIME, to me, is something that seemed like it should've been greater considering the players involved. I like several of Chris' tunes but even at that point, to me, she seems ready to hang up the towel. I have never been able to appreciate Bekka Bramlett. I just don't like her voice. And I do NOT compare her to Stevie Nicks.

I think the band was more more balanced in 87-91 (with Rick Vito and Billy) alongside Stevie and Chris.

As for track #13, I find it particularly indulgent and a bit over the top. (as if Lindsey's now 4 minute guitar solo on ISA isnt? *Gasp!* HERESY!) HA....But at the end of the day if you're familiar with Mick at all, then there's no surprise there.

Blow By Blow, to me is one of Mason's worst. Typically I find him a great lead guitarist and his voice ain't half bad either but I prefer his work with Traffic. To me, he doesn't quite fit in with Fleetwood Mac. Although...in the balancing act that IS this band, I think Mason might be better suited alongside some guy like Vito or Buckingham. That would interest me.

I suppose in the end, as much as I'm trying to remain indifferent, I am still a slave to that "classic" Rumours line up of Fleetwood Mac. As far as the album goes, if it didn't have Christine McVie (who's voice is still superb) among the ranks, I don't know if I would know what I was listening to.

Last edited by mylittledemon; 05-07-2009 at 11:49 PM..