View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
But isn't her continued acknowledgement of him better than if she was trying to erase him out of her history? They apparently have irreconcilable differences now, but no one (including Stevie) should take that to mean some great things didn't happen along the way. In that way it's not so different from any break-up of a long-term partnership, and it might not seem like such a huge disconnect to everyone.
I see what you're saying about it being better than erasing him. However, it still seems strange to me, because it would be like telling someone "That marriage was so magical" right after you'd put your ex through the wringer in a messy divorce. The words ring hollow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan
Ah, don’t you see??! She’s wrong either way. I believe the expression is “haters gonna hate.”
It is true that at this point, it is extremely difficult for Stevie to navigate the landmine that is talking about Lindsey in a way that's not going to set off some people - and not just "haters" who are predisposed to be hypercritical. Still, she put herself into that no-win situation when she had Lindsey fired, so she has no one but herself to blame for it.

Last edited by sodascouts; 09-17-2018 at 10:18 PM..