View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
My Friday night rambles...

Christine feels like the very essence of Fleetwood Mac to me. Where would this band be without her contributions? That instantly recognizable smooth voice, jaunty keys, multiple hit songs. The ying to Stevie's yang. Her countenance and very presence within the band for so long cannot be undervalued in my humble opinion. I realize Mick and John have more years in the band than she, but without her songwriting bridging multiple eras and providing continuity they wouldn't have lasted long after PG's departure.

SYW is practically unlistenable to me. I'm sure her absence is no coincidence as to why.

I am a big LB fan and consider him critically important to their successes, but I cannot deny that Christine is truly the lynchpin of the band. Sure "it's Mick's band" and he's the showman, but he'd have no band without Christine.

Marry me?

As much as the idiots of the world worship $tevie, Christine was and is the balance that they needed. She "popped" it out, with that smooth pop voice. Thus, why she had the most hits. She balanced out the hippy chick, and the quirky guitarist, to where it all made sense, and made it radio friendly.

That said, Lindsey was the artistic, creative force behind it, pushing that pop to the next level, making it stand out as something distinctive.

$tevie is just a pop culture drone. People(for whatever reason) relate to her hippy dippy persona, spinning around(now) like a geriatric goat with a spastic colon, with less singing range than said goat.

Oh yeah, SYW blows goats. No, not that one.