View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
But beyond that, with all due respect to her I do not consider Christine indispensable in the way I do Stevie, Lindsey, and even Mick (due to the uniqueness of his drumming).

The group works as Fleetwood Mac without Christine. It does not work without Stevie and Lindsey both, as their value stems in large measure from one another (a "package deal" as it were).

This is not to say Christine is not valuable, just not essential.
I’m just the opposite. Christine is probably the MOST essential member of Fleetwood Mac. The unique Fleetwood-McVie-McVie groove, which goes back to the Peter Green days and continues through today, is THE defining feature of the Fleetwood Mac sound and her voice graced the majority of their hit singles.

And, it didn’t work without her. In sixteen years, they made exactly one album and an EP. By the end of this year, they will have done more shows since her return than they did in the decade between SYW and her return.

Quote:
As was said elsewhere, 1997 was a reset.
And what exactly did we get with that reset? It’s been the most painfully, pitifully unproductive era in the band’s history. The semi-retired Christine made as many albums in that time as Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins