View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Lindsey's comments are vintage Lindsey: passive-aggressive, cryptic and pretentious. I would have had more respect for him if he'd just spoken honestly, clearly stating that he feels betrayed and no longer has any regard for the band.
Noticeably, he makes no comment about his part in proceedings - i.e. the endless dithering and postponing of the tour, not to mention the more-than-cheeky utilisation of the crew for his projected solo gigs in between Mac shows.
There's nothing "classy" about what he did, particularly to seize the opportunity to discuss the matter at a charity gig. Try crude and embittered.
Really? There's just so much in your comment that is ridiculous.

Where was he passive-aggressive? Cryptic and a tad pretentious...well yeah, that is vintage Lindsey. And Stevie. And if you want passive aggressive, Mick Fleetwood holds that card in The Fleetwood Mac realm.

You say he "seized" the opportunity to discuss this at a charity gig but then say you'd have more respect if he just essentially blasted the band?

A charity gig? Don't make it sound like he took over a Children's Hospital gala to drone on and on about Fleetwood Mac. It was a political fundraiser and he barely spent 70 seconds talking about it. He wasn't rude, and he quickly shut the person up who said "f**k Stevie Nicks."

Crude and embittered? My goodness, get some perspective as those words don't apply at all.

And endless dithering and postponing of tours - first of all, not even a fact at all. Second, if he was fired for such, then Stevie should have been fired a few times in the last 20 years.