View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
We are debating many issues on the national stage right now: rape, abortion, Melissa Mayer's installation of a nursery next to her own office, while at the same time telling her employees they can no longer work from home, Sandberg's "Lean in" . . . I'm sure that Stevie's aware of all of these things, but based on the tenor of her comments, I don't think she was talking about womens' reproductive rights, although she probably has feelings on the subject. I think she was talking about career equality more than anything else.
Michele
I agree, I should have included an addendum that Stevie's answer was potentially a bigger awareness of women's many current issues (which include women's reproductive choices) that are once again being challenged on the national & political stage.
Instead this thread delineated into some kind of petty competition about whom is or was the bigger woman feminist trailblazer of rock, simply because of a seemingly reactionary opinion by one that Stevie put herself on a pedestal and somehow put down other women.