View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I think it's unauthorized, just like any of the other biographies on her and probably just s compilation of info taken from all her interviews. I read the Zoe Howe book and it was just like that but I really disliked it because the author had the most annoying tone and expressed her opinion too many times imo, and was kind of obnoxious about it.
The fact that it is unauthorized could even ensure more accuracy.

However Stephen Davis is a serious and professional rock biographer with a lot of experience, among other things he's written the "Hammer of the Gods" series.
It seems he's intended to write about Stevie for a long time since I found he started talking about it around 2008:

But if rock is fading as an art form, does that mean rock biography will soon follow?

“No, I’m planning a project on the Jonas Brothers,” Davis says with a wry smile. "I’m kidding. I’m very interested in writing about women now. There’s Carly Simon. There’s Stevie Nicks. I hear Debbie Harry wants to do a book and that they’re looking for a writer. The Blondie story would be a good one. We’ll see."

http://www.bu.edu/today/2008/rock-from-axl-to-zep/