View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

All of Stevie's contributions on Tango were recently written songs. I suppose she wanted to deliver something fresh to the band. When I see you again was sent to the band early on when Stevie was on the RAL tour. There was not much time after Stevie rejoined the band to explore and spend time on her songs. I suppose Welcome to the room Sara was big on her mind at the time. No doubt some of her classic songs like Running Through The Garden and Smile At You would have tremendously helped out the album. While Christine contributed some ace songs, I miss her playing. That is one reason I like Behind the Mask better than Tango. I love the way Christine plays keyboards. Just the opening of Skies the Limit gives me chills.
According to Mick's first book Stevie brought What has rock n roll ever done for you but the band picked When I see you again instead. I laugh because I bet Lindsey hated What has rock n roll ever done for you. Its a very arrogant (but fun) song.