View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you seem to be agreeing with what Lindsey is saying. Lindsey and Christine still have the creativity and the drive. by all evidence from the last 10+years, it seems Stevie does not.
#vitality
I'm over Lindseys recent comments. In short: it wasn't what he said, it was when and how he said it. And that he threw Christine under the bus to make his point was uncalled for. Chris is a precious unicorn and has to be respected, protected and worshipped at all times. Lindsey should have left her out of this.

As a matter of fact, I'm not fond of Stevies solo career since she published TOSOTM. She still had some rare moments of decency (TISL), but her solo work since RAL has been mediocre (24 Carat gold) to cringeworthy (SA) or just plain intolerable (the track Desert Angel and that awful album with the f***ing horse on the cover). That has to do with her surrounding herself with "Yes, Ma'am" people. Dave Stewart for gods sake, how was that even possible?

With FM, she fared a little better, but imho that has to do with the band being critical and honest in their opinions. She HATES that, which amuses me to no end.

There is so much to mock about Stevie, bust still, I've followed FM since 1979, FM with her in it have formed my musical taste and her songs, especially the recorded live versions up to TITN hold a special place in my heart. She was all beauty and intensity back then, I loved it. So it's a habit to like her, I still do, also for the magical live concert moments in 2003, 2009 and especially in 2013, where she basically blew me away.

But in 2015, she angered me, we payed so much money for front row tickets and she was upset about something and did not even try to be professional. Chris and Lindsey stepped in and saved the concert. She did some awkward posing I hated, and she behaved like a spoiled brat onstage, which I hated even more. As a consequence, I won't see them next year, I can't be bothered with the 2 new guys and won't risk another disappointment. I know that theyare good players, but the playing is kinda slow, too slow for my liking. Mick won't see my money this time. Also, I won't pay to hear "Free Falling" during a FM concert. That's just plain BS . Part of me is very sad about this, it's the first german tour that I won't attend since 1990 and I will not be seing Christine up close and wave a banner saying "We love you" in front of her, that's regrettable.

The #vitality thing - Noone has as much manic energy as Lindsey, but from what was recorded and what the critics write, it seems that Stevie actually put some effort into it and works hard this time. While I'm sure this comment came from him hurting, imho it was not appropriate and again, Christine is collateral damage of his cutting comments, her energy is not what it was, either. Also, I feel that he damaged his own reputation with the snide comments, it was a bad idea to go there.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 12-19-2018 at 09:26 PM..