View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
"It wasn’t about it being ‘Rhiannon,’ ” he says. “It just undermined the impact of our entrance. That’s me being very specific about the right and wrong way to do something.”
That pretty much says he just didn't want a song playing at all. That song happened to be Rhiannon but he says clearly it wasn't because it was Rhiannon. Whether that's the full truth, we'll never know but that is what he says.

And I think just about everyone seems to be misinterpreting Stevie's ultimatum. It's not like she turned to Mick, John and Christine and said "him or me" and forced them to pick. It would never have played that way. Fleetwood Mac is under a machine now. I'd argue that Mick has very minimal power and Chris and John have basically none. Stevie went to the MANAGEMENT and said that. That's why Irv Azoff was the one on the phone with Lindsey. The managers and promoters are the ones who pretty much run what these people do and they're the ones who would look at that group and say 'Stevie puts butts in seats and if she leaves then we're broke so if she's really serious, then he's out'.
I don't disagree with you about this part. But per Mick this caused them all to have conversations about what to do going forward, and that all happened super fast. Given how Mick is, I would bet he directly talked to John at some point, and you know Mick would have talked to Stevie (or tried to get through) and they got to that point he described various times as basically deciding can we do this (without Lindsey), do we want to do this, and obviously ultimately decided yes, we can and we will. Then at some point Chris was told.....by whom we don't know. It almost sounds like the 3 in the US decided while she was in London and in her case I wouldn't be surprised if she heard through a manager (does she share the same manager as Mick?) the decision.

It raises the question of deciding on Mike ... per Mike he got a call from Mick asking him if he'd be interested just 6 days after Musicares. Lindsey heard from Azoff just 2 days after Musicares.. which means if Stevie didn't give the ultimatum to the band herself, she told Azoff pretty dam quick and he told the rest even quicker, because the ultimatum was made, the band had whatever conversations to decide who to fire, and Lindsey got told of it all within 2 days. So there wasn't really a whole lot of stressing over who to throw under the bus was there? And you just know Stevie had Mike as her backup card and then put that out there for them to debate over (she may have put conditions on staying that Mike be in or that she get to pick Lindsey's replacement or whatever.... we'll see if that ever comes out) because they didn't even audition him or meet with him, just Mick calling him within a matter of days. All very fishy and feeling premeditated.