View Single Post
Old 02-16-2003, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I noticed that too. I was very surprised to read that, especially considering what he had to say about the Time lineup. Also, I've always wondered why he agreed to do background vocals on one song on the "Time" album when he didn't really seem to like the idea of Mick continuing on with Fleetwood Mac at that time.
I've never thought Lindsey disliked the Mac continuing without him. Initially it was probably hard, like watching an old girlfriend/boyfriend start to date new people, but he did guest on both albums that came after him. I think overall he was just wary of Mick turning the Mac into a purely nostalgia act by trying to shoehorn the new people into the same Rumours setlist out on the road.

He was actually pretty excited about Dave Mason joining the band back when it happened (perhaps thinking that the new infusion could take the band in a new direction out on the road):

"When I heard that Dave Mason was joining, my initial reaction was, 'Oh, that could be good!' But apparently, it wasn't."
- Rolling Stone, 8/29/97

Last edited by Les; 02-16-2003 at 12:49 PM..