View Single Post
Old 05-03-2002, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd love to have a solo album from Lindsey, but I've given up on it. I'm grateful for FM and the fact that through them, we fans will get to hear some of this in its final incarnation. Sadly, I can bet after this album and its tour are done and Lindsey once again has all the time in the world....we will still not see GOS.
Giving up on an LB solo album is the most realistic thing to do. He's not interested enough in putting out albums any more to do so. I don't know whether anything originally destined for "Screws" is going to be repurposed for Fleetwood Mac, but others think that will happen.

It isn't just Lindsey Buckingham's solo career that is dead in the water; it's probably Fleetwood Mac's career, too. The current members don't seem to be willing to keep the group active. Fleetwood Mac is an afterthought. The members spend year after year running around doing other things, & then start "thinking about" recording together. Fleetwood's not exactly extinct, but it's certainly not active, either. It's probably what the volcanologists call dormant, which means "sleeping," which pretty much sums up that poor band. The solo career nonsense, originally a way for certain members to find a little satisfaction between Mac bouts, wound up destroying the band -- ironic considering the solo albums initially helped save the band from disintegrating from exhaustion & hurt feelings & group alienation.