View Single Post
Old 05-01-2002, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: easy explanation

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca

This is only one of the many reasons I feel slighted about not getting the solo CD from Lindsey. Not only does Stevie gets hers released, we have to wait for 10 years for new music from Lindsey, and then it becomes a Fleetwood Mac album. I would rather just get a solo album. Stevie, meanwhile is out and about doing PR crap, while Lindsey does all the work.
I have to say, realistically, that I believe if it were not for FM that Lindsey would never release ANYTHING. I mean, how long has GOS been in the works? True, in 1997 Lindsey blamed FM and its reunion for delaying his solo album's release. But then after The Dance was released....no more FM complication...and still nothing...for FIVE years. Yet these demos indicate it was indeed almost ready. So...? There must be other factors, non-FM related, as to why Lindsey chooses not to release GOS. We all know it was ready for this past year, 2001, according to Lindsey himself in his BTM. So, what happened? I don't know, but I don't think it was FM that kept that from materializing. How could they, if it was ready to go?

I'd love to have a solo album from Lindsey, but I've given up on it. I'm grateful for FM and the fact that through them, we fans will get to hear some of this in its final incarnation. Sadly, I can bet after this album and its tour are done and Lindsey once again has all the time in the world....we will still not see GOS. I hope I'm wrong, but...I have a bad feeling that I'm right.

As for the PR crap, Lindsey got out to do the NYE thing, and I think he could get in on a couple others if he wanted (though, admittedly, he does have a lot more to do than Stevie. I wouldn't say ALL the work, but even soley-Stevie fans must admit that he puts in a heck of a lot more time). He seems to have a repoire with David Letterman, I bet Dave wouldn't mind him sitting in a little. Of course, another factor is that Lindsey doesn't have a Sheryl to go around with either.

So, don't feel slighted! Be glad! Half an album of Lindsey is better than no album from Lindsey - and frankly, that seems to be the alternative. It's this or nothing, my friend.