View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 09:52 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca

But, with all due respect, "Trouble" is a timeless song. "Stand Back" is so 1984. Although, I must admit, if Lindsey had given it his production magical touch, it might have just been a masterpiece.
I'm sorry but Trouble is timeless because it ripped off a 30 year old sound..you know, that decade people call the 50s. It was a nice song but come on, it sounded just like the songs on Mirage, which to me was a tired sound, the 50s revival was weak at best.

Stand back is far superior as both a song and a single, it has the great verse, the great chorus a great vamp and it climaxes very well.

I'd actually put it up there as one of the best written pop singles of all time. That's not to say it's the best thing since sliced bread, I just mean as far as song formula goes.

That's not to say that trouble goes against pop formula so that automatically makes it better..as I'm sure a fan of his or twenty would love to say, it's just to say as far as songs are written it doesn't do the same magic Stand back does.