View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Buckingham, who said he couldn’t work because he had to devote himself to music full-time, would spend most of the day smoking hash with his friends.

Ok this is bs and this indicates that the author is only going by Stevie interviews. There's an old interview from the 70s where Lindsey talks about working for a telemarketing company selling ads in some directory that was a total scam, and how he'd have to start really early on the west coast coz he would be calling companies on the east coast. He also went out on the road with the Everly Brothers (leaving Stevie in Aspen to write Landslide about their situation). Lazy, lazy writing. He never said he wouldn't work and he never didn't work. I have no issue calling Lindsey out but the facts here are wrong.

Nicks continued to play with Fleetwood Mac, even after launching her own record label and putting out her own No. 1 album, “Bella Donna,” in 1981. She would grit her teeth as she and Buckingham would pretend to kiss after performing “Landslide” every night on tour.

I've never read this. Has anyone else heard this before? And who is this instigator of the onstage theatrics? Far more her than him, so this is suspect blaming him for initiating the kiss thing at the end of Landslide.

When recording the band’s 1977 follow-up, “Rumours,” he criticized Nicks’ writing and told her she needed him to make her songs sound halfway decent. She said he was “hijacking” her music and told her mother that her now-ex had gotten physical with her during a row and had “thrown her down to the floor.”

Has anyone ever heard of this incident before? I certainly believe it is possible, I've just never heard it. Sounds like it was something she wrote in a letter to her mother, but then I wonder how the author would have gotten his hands on it, other than thru Stevie or someone close to her which seems a bit....odd.

Over time, Nicks continued to reach out to Buckingham, asking him to produce and play guitar on her 1996 song “Twisted.” She said they made amends in 2013 and he agreed to treat her with respect. But of course, Buckingham couldn’t dismiss Nicks any longer. The band needed her talent and fan base (which these days includes young acts such as Haim and Lana Del Rey) more than she needed them.

As Davis writes in “Gold Dust Woman,” by the time of their reconciliation, “Stevie was an American legend, but Lindsey’s star would eventually fade away.

His star faded away?? Hardly. Was he ever as famous as her, solo? Definitely not. But over time his respect as a producer and player has grown, not diminished. Why did she continue to reach out to him? Maybe because she needed his help to bail her out on certain songs?? Even Petty said Lindsey is her best producer and would do things on her songs that Tom had been struggling with, and then when he heard Lindsey's arrangement would go "Oh, duh, of course!" When Dave Stewart couldn't make Soldier's Angel work, she called Lindsey. Christine has said that Lindsey has an intuitive understanding of what she's trying to do with her songs that she, Christine, just doesn't. So again, I'm all for calling Lindsey out on stuff and I actually do believe he was physically at times and certainly emotionally abusive to her, and that she's covered for him on the physical stuff, but get your facts right.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 11-11-2017 at 03:55 PM..