View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The truth of the matter is... I'm proud that Christine and Lindsey are out of the gate and doing what they are doing. This is a first!!
Some shows have tanked in some markets. Yep, they are new and nobody knows who they are.

Buckingham/McVie?? Who the hell is that??

In 2017, two older musicians (that never really had the stardom Stevie had) are doing it!!

That's brave. New album that charted beyond expectation. UK loving it.

3000k-6000k venue shows. The Greek is nearly sold out! NYC Beacon is nearly sold out. Vegas has picked up tremendously.. (it was looking bleak) WA is completely sold out. She's 74!!! (in 5 days) Like Wow!!

It made me think if FMac carried on w/o Stevie they really could be a viable entity. I know some of you want that. But I would like a Final 5 album. Not because of sales or venue $$. I want to hear those 3 part harmonies again. This last BuckVie album is fantastic. It flows so well when I listen to it. Certainly, Stevie could add to it. If not, I hope we get another Fleetwood Mac album.

If music be the food of love, THEN PLAY ON.
all beautifully said. and they are actually getting their 2 names out there now, and getting more known, while finally getting to do what LB wanted to do with FM since SYW was first coming out - making, releasing and touring new music - so good for them! i for one am definitely grateful and proud that they went ahead with all of this, and hope for more in the future (hope they both stay in good health!!).

on another board i read several opinions stating what an unbelievable force of nature LB and CM are - and that it's astonishing how great and hooky their newly released music still is - that those 2 can produce a hook as easily as regular people go to the bathroom.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"