View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 05:16 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Sure, but would he have had a top five hit or made nearly as much money without the Fleetwood Mac brand? Probably not, using his prior two and one subsequent albums as examples.

The one possibility regarding your list that I’d add: Did Lindsey became insufferable (to them) after the album came out? Because, he seemed to be especially on an ego trip during some of the press (especially re: TITN).
Look everyone can continue to make arguments towards who contributed what, and who has the bigger ego etc... The fact remains, that what the rest of the band did to the guy who contributed the lions share of the work producing the albums that they all got rich from, keeping the band touring when Mcvie left around 2000, (which included a brutal live show that couldn't have been easy for guy pushing 70) is embarrassing.

Does everyone here enjoy all the people they work with all the time? I don't think so. They had to have known that this would hurt the legacy of the band, and Lindsey's legacy and they did it anyway. Why?

I really think there is some deep-seated jealousy that exists on the part of Stevie. She may bring in more financially, but she will never achieve the status that Lindsey quietly has among his peers. How many people have really changed music? Very few. She seems like an unhappy person to me, who unfortunately like many stars is left with no one to tell her no. The last person who did that is gone. Look at the cost.

"In my world everybody stays
Nobody wishes for words they couldn't say"