View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
For fame and fortune, yes. But for getting an album made and out the door, no. There would have have been no Tango in the Night had it not been for him making it. Christine wasn't going to do it. And Tango's commercial success bailed out the whole band.

I think this whole fascinating saga of the firing will be revealed officially some day, and it will include just about everything you guys are saying. Many astute points being made in this thread. I think that saga will also include revealing info about the Buckingham McVie album and tour:
  • Did Mick turn against the project after seeing sales were low for what was aurally a Fleetwood Mac album?
  • Did Stevie turn against the project out of jealousy?
  • Did the tour and the press rub some band members the wrong way? Did Christine's positive, joyous response to the project rub some band members the wrong way?

I think that project played a serious part in the firing saga in an emotional and possibly even a logistical sense. Lindsey and Chris may have even been hoping that by touring behind new music and doing it onstage, it may have sparked a sense of "OK, let's do it" in Stevie. And when it didn't, who knows how things turned south emotionally?
DING DING DING
We have a winner.
Bingo.

I don't agree with all 3 of your premises but 100% agree with the fact the Buckingham/McVie project indirectly led to Lindsey's firing. The album did ok and probably better than expected so I don't think Mick was upset with the project. However, the project did change the chemistry of the band. I would bet my life if the band waited for Stevie to finish her never ending solo tour without doing any projects, Stevie would have sucked it up and moved on. I don't think the jealousy is directed at Christine but Lindsey. How dare he work with the band without me!!!!!!!

I hate to say "TOLD YA SO" but this time last year there was a debate on this board was it really a Fleetwood Mac record? Many Stevie supporters thought it was a crazy idea to say or think the band went out of their way to not call the project a Fleetwood Mac album (even though they all played on it).
YOU SEE NOW. The band knows and knew her mindset with Lindsey working with the band without her. They walked on egg shells but that was not enough. Soon enough Stevie drew the line....its Lindsey or me. Mick takes the heat and protects Stevie with this decision. I, like you see right through it. The Buckingham/McVie project killed Fleetwood Mac. Not calling it a Fleetwood Mac album was NOT enough. How dare they make an album that I refuse to be part of (as she walked down the long hallway)!

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-07-2018 at 04:07 PM..