View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
How exactly did he bail them out? He needed them as much as they needed him.
For fame and fortune, yes. But for getting an album made and out the door, no. There would have have been no Tango in the Night had it not been for him making it. Christine wasn't going to do it. And Tango's commercial success bailed out the whole band.

I think this whole fascinating saga of the firing will be revealed officially some day, and it will include just about everything you guys are saying. Many astute points being made in this thread. I think that saga will also include revealing info about the Buckingham McVie album and tour:
  • Did Mick turn against the project after seeing sales were low for what was aurally a Fleetwood Mac album?
  • Did Stevie turn against the project out of jealousy?
  • Did the tour and the press rub some band members the wrong way? Did Christine's positive, joyous response to the project rub some band members the wrong way?

I think that project played a serious part in the firing saga in an emotional and possibly even a logistical sense. Lindsey and Chris may have even been hoping that by touring behind new music and doing it onstage, it may have sparked a sense of "OK, let's do it" in Stevie. And when it didn't, who knows how things turned south emotionally?

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 08-07-2018 at 02:43 PM..