View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Well, then you're a better person than me because you don't talk badly about anybody. Making a living? You're saying they're millionaires and at the same time they're "making a living"? You see? They don't need the money. They're millionaires, as you said. This was pure revenge, and that's why I (and many others here) don't feel inclined to wish them luck in whatever they do. That's why I am waiting for this tour to fail.
I definitely don't think I'm a better person here. Yes they're millionaires, especially the 3 songwriters. No, I don't feel sorry for them if they get kicked out of a band... they can sell one of their yachts or summer homes or whatever LOL! The 3 songwriters are making a living touring, of course, but John and Mick in particular need the tours for income, that was what I meant. Maybe I'm wrong, but I was always under the impression the songwriters get paid more... a lot more. If I'm incorrect, someone please chime in. Since I don't feel sorry for millionaires who get kicked out of a band after 40 years and you do, maybe that makes you a better person than me. That's just how I feel, wrong or right.

And I guarantee you, if Stevie had been fired and replaced with Belinda Carlisle, I would hit as many shows as humanly possible! Lindsey wrote a song on her first album, she has a similar vibrato to Stevie, yet she's different enough that she would stand on her own. Would she be a draw? Maybe, I don't know. But I would totally be excited about the possibilities her presence would add to the band, both live and in the recording studio. Same thing with Ann Wilson or Pat Benatar. I think either one of those women would also have fit in with FM. Now, maybe that makes me a bad person but it's the honest truth. And it's not that I would have been happy Stevie was fired, but I would have enjoyed seeing one of those 3 women in her place. It is possible to feel both ways, at least for me.