View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I think you guys are correct. It was a power play but an odd one. I like how Rolling Stone was subtle with a swipe "on the advice of her manager." But it sort of worked because us Mac fans were like WOW, the end is near....she wont even sit down with the band for an interview on the advice of her manager? But soul_drifter made a good point. This was the first tour since solo albums and going to be the first tour of not splitting things by 5. I wonder who won this battle. Maybe this is a reason why the Mirage tour was so short. But yes, its all about the money. Mick wrote in his first book that Stevie hired Irving because the Tusk tour had missing money or profits and the band did not want to use Mick as a manager anymore. But when Bella Donna kicked in, I am sure Irving made huge demands.
I still think Christine's comment about the teddy bear was a joke but a tiny bit of a swipe to Stevie. Rolling Stone also sort of trashed the Stevie masses crowds "as usual, the crowd roared for Stevie's twirls.
The Mac also did an interview with Cream magazine around this same time. Stevie was not interviewed again but I dont remember Chris being interviewed either. Its funny to read today because a young Lindsey said he no longer wanted to tour when he hit 40 in the next few years. John commented on Stevie being sick (she supposedly had walking pneumonia.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-25-2020 at 01:03 PM..