View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[Excerpt from piece on Nina Nesbitt]

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish...6&newsID=12446

Scottish pop star Nina Nesbitt will make her debut in front of the Scotland supporters on Friday when she performs the national anthem, Flower of Scotland.

The 19-year-old, whose singles Stay Out and Way In The World have made her a staple of radio station playlists across the UK, was also thrilled to be asked to soundtrack the latest John Lewis TV advert, with her brand new take on the Fleetwood Mac classic, Don’t Stop.

Nina admits she can't wait to perform in front of a full house at Scotland's national stadium.

Nina said: "I'm just so pleased to have been invited to sing Flower of Scotland at Hampden. It's a huge honour for any Scottish singer and something I never dreamed I'd have the chance to do.

"It'll be by far the biggest live audience I'll have sung to, so I hope I can lead them in a proper sing-along. I can’t wait to hear the legendary Hampden Roar - come on Scotland!"

Don't Stop is now available as a single on iTunes and Nina admits she has fulfilled a long-held ambition by record a version of the classic track.

“I have always loved Fleetwood Mac and am really glad that John Lewis liked my version of Don’t Stop.”