View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Let's just start with the opening song which is an utter piece of crap..
so is Peacekeeper, Destiny Rules, so is Silver Girl, so is Goodbye Baby. Really can't stand the title track, either.

I love Illume, Miranda, Come, Running Through The Garden, Everybody Finds Out... Would have been a great EP... lol
a great EP?

while you and i agree on the opening song, apparently we are the only ones if you look at the comments above in this thread.

the rest on your list? i know you are not serious now . you are clear that you are talking about the songs you don't like, but mot necessarily about the filler songs. but you called them filler originally, and everyone likes and dislikes different songs on SYW so i feel a string need to defend this album, since some of my all time favorite songs are on it (and yeah sure solo LB GOS would have been much better but that ship has sailed).

here's the track list - with my opinion on what is a filler vs what i don't like -

1. "What's the World Coming To?" - filler, don't like, hurts my ears.
2. "Murrow Turning Over in His Grave" - stunning song (but it's rocking, and not for poppy or adult contemporary taste so if that's your musical taste - sure you will not like this song. not a filler)
3. "Illume (9–11)" - if i didn't read all the opinions here, i would consider this song a filler. it hurts my ears.
4. "Thrown Down" - definitely not a filler, it's going for a pop hit, old time rumours-era FM vibe (but eh to me)
5. "Miranda" - not a filler (but eh to me)
6. "Red Rover" - unbelievable, stunning, intricate song. not for everyone's taste, but definitely not a filler. some consider it one of Lindsey's best.
7. "Say You Will" - see Thrown Down
8. "Peacekeeper" - great lyrics, for music see Thrown Down, but less formulaic
9. "Come" - hard rocking song. not for the light of heart, pop / adult-contemporary-music-liking FM fans. definitely not a filler. trying to show Mac can rock. apparently many FM fans don't want them to.
10. "Smile at You" - eh, too bad this was not the original version, which did rock unlike this one. but not a filler.
11. "Running Through the Garden" - this one hurts my ears too, but it's definitely not a filler.
12. "Silver Girl" - eh, this one really does seem to be a filler, however you turn it or look at it. boring, droning.
13. "Steal Your Heart Away" - not a filler, no need to even discuss
14. "Bleed to Love Her" - one of Lindsey's prettiest songs. not a filler, no need to even discuss
15. "Everybody Finds Out" - rocking, although boring to me. but not a filler.
16. "Destiny Rules" - gorgeous guitar parts save this one from the droning voice. definitely not a filler.
17. "Say Goodbye" - Lindsey channeling some old crooners. although intricate guitar parts that should have been used in a better song. can't stand this song. but people don''t consider it a filler, and love it. FM members definitely don't consider it a filler.
18. "Goodbye Baby" - i think this song is pretty. could have been better, more melodic, etc, but still. pretty. not a filler.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"