View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
actually not true. In the years since she began seeing it differently.
Just out of curiosity, this is what I found.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...knroll-groupie

Quote:
Lori Mattix (sometimes known as Maddox) says she was just 14 when she lost her virginity to David Bowie. Her next lover was Jimmy Page. Now 59, she says she never thought of herself as a groupie, but tells me that the affair with Page was “the most beautiful pure love I thought I could ever feel. I’d only had sex once before in my whole life. I felt like I’d won the lottery.” She juxtaposes it with other experiences “where men have harassed me … it’s a different thing when you allow someone to be with you”.

Mattix was under the age of consent, she says, when Page pursued her. Post-#MeToo, does she see the situation differently? “I think that’s what made me start seeing it from a different perspective because I did read a few [articles], and I thought: ‘****, maybe,’” she says. As for whether Page was in the wrong: “That’s an interesting question. I never thought there was anything wrong with it, but maybe there was. I used to get letters telling me he was a paedophile, but I’d never think of him like that. He never abused me, ever.” Still, Mattix sounds conflicted – rapturous reminiscences (“honestly, I had a great time”) are followed by cautionary notes. “I don’t think underage girls should sleep with guys,” she says. “I wouldn’t want this for anybody’s daughter. My perspective is changing as I get older and more cynical.”
I guess I don’t see the relevance of something that happened 46 years ago. It seems to me that most rockers of that era have done some shady things. Lori certainly never felt victimized and even got back together with Page briefly in the ‘80s. This point is just a red herring.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 11-08-2018 at 04:11 PM..