View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm not sure Chris considered it the final note until once the tour was underway and she realized the lifestyle was something she wanted to be done with completely. I don't think they went into it thinking it would be the end. In fact, the majority of them probably went in expecting to add more tour dates eventually. That's the thing about the Dance tour: it was the end but I don't think the band knew it and, as a fan, I didn't know it was the end. I thought it was the beginning of something. If I knew that the 5 would not be together again, I would have approached the tour with a different mindset. I would like a chance to say goodbye, knowing it is goodbye.
I knew it was the end, well of that incarnation of Fleetwood Mac anyway. Christine made her intentions known on "Time" as to her views of her future with Fleetwood Mac. But, when "The Dance" came together, I think she thought it would be a nicer way to retire from the band. I think she went into it with the notion that it would be the grand send-off. But, I think it also became clear during that time that Stevie and Lindsey had unfinished musical business, and that Mick and John wanted to keep going.

THE Stephen Hopkins