View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I voted to shorten “Sisters of the Moon” instead of “Sara.” You could lop off the second verse of the former and save a minute or so, or you could lop off the transitional verse (“Some call her sister of the moon. . .”). Would I want to ideally? No. But better to cut that than “Sara” for the album’s atmosphere and mystery, to which “Sara” makes the greater contribution. Editing “Sara” was like wresting it out of the sea of love and hauling it onto dry land. The album is the most sensual thing that configuration ever did — I bet countless people have made love to “Sara.” But who would make love to “Sisters of the Moon”? Thump-thump-thump in 4/4 isn’t what you’d call erotic, even though it has other powers (Jim Ladd used to say it had “totemic” power as a symbol of Stevie Nicks). “Sara” is water bound, “Sisters” is earth bound. “Sara” is chthonic fertility, “Sisters” is seasonal crop yield. “Sara” is oysters on the half shell, “Sisters” is standing rib roast (with a mustard peppercorn crust). “Sara” is a mermaid, “Sisters” is a yeti. “Sara” is Bed, Bath, and Beyond, “Sisters” is Hobby Lobby.

moviekinks.blogspot.com