View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 03:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
How anyone can perform Tom's music and do a tribute but also play Danny and Bob's songs and not even a quick photo or video of him playing is just plain dumb. All Stevie did was bring her 24K Gold video projector and project on the screen what she has been showing for over a year now.
I would guess the difference there would be that Stevie and Mike (and potentially the others) were a hell of a lot closer to Tom than either Bob or Danny.

Mick, John, and Chris had that falling out with Bob over royalties and were on pretty terrible terms for a long time. I think they resolved it okay before his death? I can't quite remember, but either way their relationship wasn't exactly warm at his passing. Of course he was also an acquaintance of Stevie's, evidenced by her performing with him at Cal Jam and the Roxy. However, we have no idea their relationship status in the years leading up to his death, especially with his sour relationship with the rest of the band.

As far as Danny goes... I would assume Stevie doesn't know him well at all and the rest of the band hasn't been in contact with him since he was fired on the Bare Trees tour, outside of occasional updates. He was homeless and off the grid for a number of years wasn't he?

Meanwhile Mike is obviously from Tom's band while Stevie idolized the hell out of him, with both of them considering him a close friend. I assume Mick, John, and Chris were friends with him as well given that association. This is not to say that the deaths of Bob and Danny didn't sadden them to any degree, I'm sure they did, but there's no way they made as much of direct impact than Tom's.

Summary: they made Tom's tribute tug more at the heartstrings because it tugged more at their heart strings.

EDIT: Though I am of the opinion that both Bob and Danny are just as deserving of the tribute and wish they would have been treated similarly.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)

Last edited by Netter75; 10-08-2018 at 03:45 PM..