View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My seat was on the R side Sec 120, Row 8, Seat 1. It felt weird not being on the floor up close where I'd normally be. I couldn't see some of the screen stuff very well and never saw John till the end when he moved out of his spot. I'm not sure how to describe the show--it was very emotional for me. I don't mind being angry, depressed, happy but all 3 at the same time was too much. Ultimately he was right----I feel satisfied that I experienced it live and and I'll never wonder about it.

Christine sounded uneven to me all night. She looked like she was enjoying herself esp on "Tell Me", she was smiling, bouncing up and down. It sounded like Stevie shouted a lot to me. She doesn't have much nuance in her voice anymore. I didn't hear Sharon and Marilyn much and I was on their side. Mike did a good job esp on the pre 1975 songs. Neil did a good job too--I don't think he's phoning it in at all--he seems to be making an effort to sing the songs well and in a way we're used to hearing. John sounded great as always esp during Hypnotized.

I dunno--maybe I'll say more about it tonight when I'm at work and I have some quiet time. It's just that small things that I love were missing. When Lindsey yelps "yea" during the chorus of YMLF or the stuff he plays during GDW. I wanted to hear Isn't it Midnight with his vocals not Neil's. GYOW sounds very hard rock to me live but not during this show.

Whenever a pre FM5 song would start up I got excited cause I want to hear those songs live just not like this.

I haven't posted or read much here lately because I've been consumed with work issues. When I got the ticket on Friday I had to skim thru as much as I could to catch up. The Tulsa show could have been better so I think they wanted to bring it big time to Chicago. The United Center looked filled to me and I saw/heard lots of happy people around me and on my way out afterwards. Mike Campbell got a huge cheer when he was introduced as did Neil Finn. That surprised me a little (the Neil cheer) and when he started Don't Dream the audience cranked up on the first Hey Now. I expected a sing along but I thought it would take longer for the audience to chime in--I was wrong. Heard many positive comments about Freefallin and the tribute to Tom Petty. Even with the older songs most people stuck around. I think that's because Oh Well and Tell me are fast paced. Storms sounded good and I enjoyed the duet with Chris and Stevie at the end.