View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
This much I already knew, but thanks for responding. I'm wondering, however, if he actually was "outvoted" regarding her return. It doesn't seem like accurate reporting.
There could be a grain of truth to it. Conditions were set. She was declined the offer to join them on the European leg. When the return was announced Christine went overboard explaining she was back in the band 100% for good. I think Lindsey was open about his concerns. She had not played in 16 years and in her 70's. She was afraid of flying and he did not want a novelty act. I am sure Mick, Stevie, and John would have let Christine tour with them in 2013. The band just toured the world extensively. He probably wanted to work on solo stuff. But sure enough he came through and toured the world again with Christine just after finishing one world tour.
However once Christine did come back. I think Lindsey knew she was sincere and her love of playing and sticking with the band.
Off topic
I think Lindsey is to be praised for not letting Sheryl Crow in the band. Mick and Stevie were game and Lindsey protested hard enough to not make it happen. I understand how Lindsey thinks. Thank goodness he won that battle.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-01-2018 at 06:44 AM..