View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This is really something and definitely going to order this. Its worth the 1974 live studio concert on CD alone.
Now dont call me greedy but having heard Bare Trees concert with Bob Weston, I would have so wanted to have some more live stuff especially that concert.

I love the Bob Welch era but when you listen to Weston live, he adds so much more power to the live show. Speaking of which. Is the only live "Why" with Weston is the Midnight Special? If my memory is correct, the Mystery To Me tour had just started when Weston was fired and the tour cancelled. Are there any live recordings of these shows before he is fired? Mystery to Me is probably my favorite Mac album. Heroes is almost just as good. I cant imagine what what album would have been like with Weston.
Didn't know Weston had played any of the Bare Trees shows. Was Dave Walker there too?
I wish Mick would just say definitively that the group does not exist anymore. Then we can edit Wikipedia and get rid of all this crap about the surviving members of the 2018-19 lineup comprising a current configuration.

Thanks to Mick and all erstwhile members for the good times.