View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown
I remember reading in the local LA papers how the crowd at the Wiltern Theater stood up for a long ovation for Stevie when she finished the song.
She got a standing ovation after "Sunday Kind of Love" at the last Stormy Weather, too. I would guess that most people were there to see Joni Mitchell or the country ladies (Trisha, Reba)... but Stevie clearly impressed the crowd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown
and I wonder why it was never broadcast on TV - for some reason I remember hearing it was filmed/taped.
I spoke with a woman from the Walden Woods Project who had a hand in organizing both benefits. When I asked if we could expect a release on cd/dvd, she said a cd was doubtful, and a video was absolutely out of the question. Then she laughed and said she didn't even know why they filmed them. They had a really difficult time getting the ok from each artist's record company for the AT&T cd, and didn't want to bother going through that again and finding a way to release it. It's a shame lots of great performances from both benefits... I would think a dvd of either one could have sold pretty well and raised a lot of additional money for the cause.