View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
Ok, I've been really interested in finding about Stevie's ethnic background. I have known for a while that she has German roots, but I did not know this:

At the very end of the show, she said "One more bit of trivia... Like, half my family is from Colorado, and my great-great-grandmother crossed the desert leading into Colorado to come here... and she was the only survivor of a huge Indian massacre! So now you know that."

This was written into a review for a Show she did for the Enchanted Tour.
So what do you think, do you think she has Native roots?

If you have any info, please add
I think maybe you got this backwards. At first blush, it appears to me that what she meant was that she was with a band of white people who were attacked by the Native Americans, and her great great grandmother was the only survivor of that.

P.S. - How's THIS for WILD though??? I got curious once too and looked it up on one of the Geneology sites. Don't quote me on the exact details, but the general idea is that her family was from an area called "Buckingham." (My memory's hazy here though - maybe it was more like there were several families "seated in the area" - and one of them was named "Buckingham." SOME sort of crazy, wild coincidence like that - I seem to remember that it was a region either where they lived, or quite close by.) The name, by the way, actually may have started out as "Nick's son" - so - yeah - she MAY be distantly related to Richard Nixon. (The site deliberately mentioned that "Nixon" has the same roots.)
Interestingly enough, it said that the Nicks/Nickson family "was seated in the area from ancient times" - there's a family crest and motto and everything. So in other words, Stevie really is descended from "Nobility" - a concept I'm sure she would love! LOL!

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 10-15-2010 at 04:32 PM..