Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Lindsey is out.

One interview with rolling stone.

Ticket sales are not exactly stellar.

Tour doesn't start for 5 months.

Radio Silence.

Not sure I understand their premise.

They need to up their game if they want to sell this "new band"
Well I think ticket sales actually seem to be really good. The tour was like 8 of the top 10 selling events last week or something (I don't have the link).

So they had to do the interviews to introduce the new line-up and announce the tour.

In the meantime, there's been this SiriusXM thing which I suspect has been more help than hurt in the album and ticket sales department.

I'm more perturbed by lack of concrete details from the Lindsey camp about the best of and supporting tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think it makes sense that we won't hear much from the band until late August or early September, and then we'll see a lot of interviews and peeks of the upcoming tour. To do publicity now when they're not doing rehearsals until August would be pointless. Just my opinion. Do people think the timing of the tour and silence right now is a bad idea, or that it's indicative of a problem behind the scenes? I think it's pretty smart to announce the firing of Lindsey and the replacements in quick fashion, along with the tour dates, and then a few months of silence to give folks time to process the lineup changes.

Well perhaps the inference is that, as a new band, they should get in the studio and cut an EP ahead of the tour and rehearsals. But they won't.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.