View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

1981 Lindsey Buckingham would want to choke the crap out of 2021 Lindsey Buckingham. Dredging up four year old drama, picking fights in the press, and name dropping. He’s become every bit the caricature of his former self as has Stevie.
I just saw him in Los Angeles. To be fair the fake vocals were fantastic.
It's honestly the most non genius, non organic, non forward thing I've seen in a very long time.

He was afraid of 1977's Rumours vibe bleeding them into Tusk. Yet, from prior to BuckVie til now, he's doing the same arrangement on everything.

The Big Love version he's been doing since 1997 is so tired and over done, I can't imagine how he thinks he is doing anything creative. And the yelps aren't really unique anymore.

I love his new album. It's really a very lovely album. And I've been able to listen to it incessantly. There's not really anything new here, however. (Swan Song has finally a different beat) I won't get into the plagarized news of that.

Drop in and listen to Go Insane. Listen to DW Suite in headphones. ..if we go go go go go go go go insane sane sane sane sane sane, we can all al al go together ether ether ether ether ether.... Now there's a journey.

But live, these pieces feel like nearly the same arrangements. LB, guitar, and tons of backing tracks with the illusion that you're hearing everything played and sung. Again, I know he's been doing it for years. But, lord have mercy. You're in a theater. Have the band play, get a bass player, and sing like Stevie, (no matter how nasal or off key and horrible it sounds). I'm not paying to see you fake it. Do another Q and A at the grammy museum if that's what you want.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 12-07-2021 at 07:44 PM..