View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Why did Lindsey saying that in a solo show make you give up?
It was a time and place thing, and the comment just rubbed me the wrong way. At the time, I was working at a homeless shelter and my uncle, who had been the main father figure in my life, had just died.

Frankly, the whole psychobabble-as-banter thing never worked for me, but those comments, from someone who has had an amazingly successful career in popular music, just reeked of spoiled privilege. Part of my job at the time was counseling people who had actually lost everything and/or people who had been victimized, like gang raped (men and women). Like, sorry Mr. Multimillionaire Critically Acclaimed Rock Star that you didn’t make more money. I’ll say a prayer for you.

It was Saturday, my day off, and I just wanted a good time at a rock show, forget about life for a few hours. I should mention that I had recently lost 175 pounds, and Lindsey’s brand of coffee house karaoke rock wasn’t especially cutting it for me. I wanted him to dog Glen Frey and kick ass, not remind me of work. I remember Minnesota David asked if I wanted to meet Lindsey. I said no, went to my car, and the first thing I asked was if Robert Pollard was playing somewhere and vowed no more Fleetwood Mac without Christine. The rest is history.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 03-25-2019 at 12:02 PM..