View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
That looks like the house in the Stand Back Scarlett video. The whole ghost story confirms the fact for me that I think shes just plain....lonely.

Anyway, I did not picture Mama Nicks house to look like that at all. It looks very dark.

Just confirms for me that she's just plain brilliant at marketing both her image and her real estate.

The house itself is white - - - so maybe that spruces it up a bit. Naturally much expensive real estate in California is about presenting a visual image - maybe whoever designed things "balanced" the visual image of the house against flowers in the gardens, the trees etc. in order to create a certain "atmosphere" or "mood." Also, I bet you that the ads said something like "lovely shaded yard" rather than dark. Really though, it IS seriously hot in California sometimes in the summer, and maybe "dark" means "cool" there, sometimes.
To be honest the main thing that struck me about it is how SMALL it seems compared to what I might have imagined. But then, that neighborhood is obviously VERY expensive, especially being so close to the ocean, so anything bigger is probably gonna start costing some serious, major buckage.

I like the "Southern" flair of it - seems to me to reflect part of her personality. You can almost picture a Debutante's Ball, with Stevie as the host.

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 12-14-2007 at 08:05 PM..