View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 03:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Threads like these is like a dog chasing its tail. They don't go anywhere.
I disagree. This thread has had some posts which lead to reasonable discussion.

Quote:
We can only read between the lines of the statements we know. The statements are not logical IMHO so they are lies. As Judge Judy says, if it does not make sense, its not the truth.
My point above was that the statements are not illogical. The reason for the double negative in that statement is that there are plausible contexts when they could be true. As an example it is entirely plausible that Stevie recorded albums in 2011 and 2014 and then decided that it wasn't worth recording any more. That would make sense.

Quote:
Your statement:
"What you have posted is a general discussion about the event. It doesn't address the issue of whether the tour would have gone ahead with Lindsey had Lindsey been more agreeable during the negotiations for the tour".

Your statement is not logical because you are assuming Lindsey was not agreeable to tour dates. There is no proof of that. And as I mentioned, Lindsey's tour really does not interfere with the Mac's tour. They only are together for one month. So that tells me right there, scheduling was not an issue. I don't buy that argument because there are enough known facts to dispute that claim. You are asking me to comment on something I don't believe in so its a moot point. IMHO Stevie and Mick have been caught in false statements. False statements about not recording, false statements about tour schedules, false statements about not being happy with Lindsey. I also find the Christine explanation suspicious. So I am sorry I cant help you any further
No, there's no proof of that, but quite a bit of the evidence that we have says that it is true. E.g. direct statements from Mick and Stevie that point to the negotiations being a contributing cause of the breakdown. And, note that my OP and the more refined version I'm using now after constructive follow up posts is: 'If Lindsey had been more agreeable in negotiations concerning the tour, would the Rumours lineup still be together and go out on tour?' It does not assume that Lindsey wasn't agreeable (though evidence points elsewhere). If you feel you can support the claim that Lindsey was super-cooperative right from the start, then that would allow you to answer the question as 'no, Lindsey could not have been more agreeable, and therefore there was nothing he could have done that would have resulted in the Rumours lineup staying together.' Do you claim that? If so, based on what evidence?

Quote:
So what about you. Do you believe Stevie when on why she refused to join the Mac in the studio? You don't find any circumstantial evidence or something to make you go hmmmmmmm to Stevie not choosing to record with Lindsey and not touring with Lindsey?
Like many of these points, I think her explanation was over-simple. And other things she has said show that there was more than just one factor involved. She has pointed out that albums don't sell well, as we are discussing here, and they aren't worth the money invested. She has also pointed out that she doesn't find recording albums fun, and that it's a whole year of not being fun. We know that she doesn't like what Lindsey does to her songs. There isn't just one reason for her not wanting to record that album. That she mentioned one reason in one single interview is not a lie, it's what happens in human conversation when you ask something. You get an answer, because people don't usually stop and spend half an hour explaining every pro and con that has led to a decision. This isn't lying, it's just normal discussion.

Also, I wouldn't find it to be a lie if Stevie decided to record another album in the future, because the circumstances may change. E.g. if FM2018 decided to do what Neil Finn did and record a new album in a small number of sessions in Neil Finn's studio, then this would address many of the reasons Stevie has for not recording an album. It would be cheaper, take an order of magnitude less time, and perhaps Stevie would appreciate the challenge of recording so quick. At least she wouldn't be stuck there for a year. And, she might decide that she wants to write with Mike again after reconnecting on the tour. So, even if she decides to record another FM album, that wouldn't make what she said a lie. It would be circumstances changing, leading her to change her mind. Which people are allowed to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
What's your point?
It looks to me as if Mac4Life has understood the post I quoted, and has responded to it as per the quoted materials above.

If you're asking what my point is in general, I've read a number of posts on this forum that disagree with Lindsey being ejected, and that something should have been done to fix the problem. With some, far from all, posts, this seems to be an assumption that Lindsey is the victim of the breakdown and that it should have been FM2018 that should have acted to fix the problem and keep Lindsey in the band. The overall point of this thread is that in all likelihood it was fully in Lindsey's power to have acted in such a way that the band could have stayed together, and that therefore he should be blamed as well. He's not just a victim in this, despite what #teamlindsey says.

Last edited by Ench; 08-31-2018 at 03:14 PM..