View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ench View Post
What you have posted is a general discussion about the event. It doesn't address the issue of whether the tour would have gone ahead with Lindsey had Lindsey been more agreeable during the negotiations for the tour.

Your claim that Stevie lied about touring is an assumption. So is your claim that Stevie was pissed by the Buckingham McVie album happening without her or that they wouldn't 'dare' call it a FM album. Later you claim to have a 'fair assumption', but it's based on other assumptions based on other assumptions.

Stevie's most recent album was in 2014. There's nothing inconsistent with her having recorded albums in 2011 and 2014, and deciding based on those albums that she didn't want to do any more. And nothing I've seen has said that that is the only reason she didn't want to join in on the album that because Buckingham McVie, so still no inconsistencies. It's clear from various evidence (e.g. SYW doco) that Stevie does not like working with Lindsey, from decades ago, but she has completed a large number of tours with him. No strong evidence that a tour with both Stevie and Lindsey was off the table from before the negotiations.

There's nothing inconsistent with the bust up having been about touring details and Mick and other members then not feeling good about continuing with Lindsey. A plausible scenario is that due to the nature of the discussions on touring a majority of the band decided that they didn't want to tour with Lindsey, the 'bad feeling' being caused or (more likely I believe) intensified by touring negotiations. EDIT: As an example, if the other band members decided that Lindsey was being an *ss, then that could easily have put them off and even later compromises by Lindsey would be too late. (I've discussed this possibility above.)

None of that is incompatible with a scenario where Lindsey being more agreeable during negotiations, from sufficiently early on, would have led to a full Rumours line up tour. Note that a full Rumours tour with a Stevie not being happy is entirely plausible - it's happened before.
Threads like these is like a dog chasing its tail. They don't go anywhere.
We can only read between the lines of the statements we know. The statements are not logical IMHO so they are lies. As Judge Judy says, if it does not make sense, its not the truth.

Your statement:
"What you have posted is a general discussion about the event. It doesn't address the issue of whether the tour would have gone ahead with Lindsey had Lindsey been more agreeable during the negotiations for the tour".

Your statement is not logical because you are assuming Lindsey was not agreeable to tour dates. There is no proof of that. And as I mentioned, Lindsey's tour really does not interfere with the Mac's tour. They only are together for one month. So that tells me right there, scheduling was not an issue. I don't buy that argument because there are enough known facts to dispute that claim. You are asking me to comment on something I don't believe in so its a moot point. IMHO Stevie and Mick have been caught in false statements. False statements about not recording, false statements about tour schedules, false statements about not being happy with Lindsey. I also find the Christine explanation suspicious. So I am sorry I cant help you any further

So what about you. Do you believe Stevie when on why she refused to join the Mac in the studio? You don't find any circumstantial evidence or something to make you go hmmmmmmm to Stevie not choosing to record with Lindsey and not touring with Lindsey?

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-31-2018 at 01:57 PM..